We're Tom and Sara McHenry, and we've been self-publishing zines and comics for nearly as long as we've been together. Now we've set up a Patreon to support production of more ambitious projects on a regular basis. Tom's begun making a monthly series of full-color comic books collecting his regular comics projects, and Sara's started a bi-monthly zine of her writing and illustrations called Hard to Love. With enough patron interest and support, we'd like to expand these projects and begin other projects we've always dreamed of making.
We've reached the following goals!
- Sticker Club: Patrons at $6 and above now receive a sticker with their monthly subscriptions! Each sticker is a new design and a surprise.
- Harder to Love: Sara's zine is now monthly instead of bi-monthly! That's 16 pages every month of jokes, comics, book reviews, recipes, and whatever else is on her mind.
- Movie Club: We are so excited about this one. We're going to make a quarterly movie zine called Split Diopter. It will be full-color, around 30 pages, and full of reviews, drawings, and thoughts about the movies we've watched together. The digital version will be included with PDF subscriptions, and the print version is included in the $10 tier.
- Podcast Club: A Your McHenries podcast! What will it be? Let's find out together.
- Tom Makes Games: Tom's going to start making small video games again, on a monthly basis!
- Tom Gets Swole: Tom has joined Sara's gym and is learning the cruel lessons of the iron. He's drawing autobio comics about his workouts three times a week.
Looking for back issues? Pick up copies on Etsy or digital downloads on Gumroad. If you're in Chicago, you can also pick up our stuff at Chicago Comics and Quimby's. (Run or work for a comic shop, record store, or other establishment that wants to carry our work? Email us!)